Sunday, June 10, 2012

Interview with Patrick Volkerding of Slackware

LinuxQuestions has an interview with Patrick Volkerding, the creator of Slackware.

Slackware is my favorite Linux distribution.  My first encounter with Linux was through Slackware around 1994.  I still remember the days that I went to school's computer lab with a stack of floppy disks to download the latest release, it was frustrated with the lousy floppy disks, I had to write two disks for each disk image just in case one of them failed.

Since then I have used Suse, Redhat, Debian, etc occasionally, every time I have to come back to Slackware for its simplicity and elegant style of system management scripts.  From Slackware I have learned lots and have supported it through my subscription to the DVD.

I wish every Slackware supporters would do a subscription to show the appreciation for Patrick's great work if finance is not a problem.

No comments: